Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pod Test

PodCastle has released their latest weekly fantasy audio-story, "The Grand Cheat" by Hilary Moon Murphy, read by Rajan Khann.

My finest cheat started long ago, before India was even a country. Most of us were still under British rule, one way or another. I was apprenticed to Sri Ghare, one of the greatest negotiators in the princely states. I lived with him and his wife in a fine manor. Though I was from a poor family, he always treated me like I was his own son.

This fantasy story, originally published in Tales of the Unanticipated, this audio-story runs nearly 27 minutes and is available in MP3 Here.

(An enjoyable and very clever story. Well written, well read)

E-books.
From Feedbooks, many more pulp, adventure stories from Conan creator Robert E. Howard and four more short stories from contemporary SF/fantasy author Richard Kadrey.

Robert E. Howard: "Circus Fists," "Fist and Fang," "General Ironfist," "Night of Battle," "Sluggers on the Beach," "Texas Fists," "The Bull Dog Breed," "The Slugger's Game," and "The Iron Man,"

Richard Kadrey: "Heat Island," "Herzog's Benediction," "A Cautionary Tale," and "The Enigma Event"

No comments: